Thursday, November 12, 2015

I really hate shopping/spending money...

An interesting puzzle, the moist sounds of pigshit hitting skin, and today's word is philanthrocapitalism...

So, with the Black Friday orgy of consumer excess and debauchery just around the corner, I've been looking at the need/want list to see if I happen to actually need anything for "So It Goes" that might actually get discounted enough to buy.

Which is why I went and checked out West and Defender yesterday and came away from the experience saying to myself...

What sort of idiot do they think I am?

That's actually a good question because it's very apparent that they really don't seem to hold their customers in a very high regard these days.

Anyway, the only thing that's really on my want list is an AIS transponder... Not so much because I actually need such a thing (I already have an AIS receiver) but the fact that Thailand now requires an AIS transponder for anyone cruising their waters so it's only a matter of time till other cruising destinations follow suit to join the fraternity of police states needing to monitor me 24/7/365.

Kind of a bummer that...

With the prospect of being forced to buy required expensive electronics in the not too far distant future it seems semi-sensible to buy one now before the prices go way the fuck up.

Listening to 4th Coming

So it goes...