Monday, September 21, 2015

well yeah, but I'm a happy idiot...

Some bad news on the snow/water front in California, Yowza, and maybe it's all just too fucked up to fix...

Someone wrote to me the other day to point out that boats were complicated/expensive affairs and that my suggesting that they could be any other way was simply idiotic.

Over the course of this blog experiment I have come to the conclusion that, at best, selling or promoting simplicity and sustainability as an alternative to the consumerist led status quo was something of an idiotic pasttime... So yeah, I'll admit to being something of an idiot.

For those like minded idiots who read this blog on a regular basis I highly recommend picking up the current excellent issue of WoodenBoat as there is a great article entitled "A Sound Boat and Simple Living" you'll want to read.


Oh yeah, there is also a neat cruising design concept from the dynamic duo of  McGowan & Schacht that is well worth perusing...

Listening to the Idiot Bastard Band (because it's what we happy idots do)

So it goes...