Friday, February 27, 2015

a chance missed...

Badtux has a bad dream, a Senator making sense, and in the "wonders never cease" department Sarah Palin says something I actually agree with...

Last year a friend mentioned to me that there was a stretched Herreshoff Meadowlark for sale up in Maryland...

A different Meadowlark but you get the idea...
I've always loved this particular design and the fact that it had been built by Allan Vaitses made it all the more attractive. Add in the fact that it was selling for less than the cost of the lead contained aboard as ballast made for a pretty unbeatable combination...

Of course to buy it I'd have had to jump on a plane and fly up to Maryland and I'd promised myself never to get on another commercial flight...

So, I hesitated and someone else got the boat. I'm pretty sure there's a lesson to be learned here somewhere...

Listening to Marcus Mumford & Justin Hayward-Young

So it goes...