Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Some numbers on my mind...

About some seriously bad advice, something you should know, and just the same old same scam being foisted on us...

Some numbers stick in your head...

Like 999 on a sign telling me there were 999 miles to go to get back home in Los Angeles on a manic solo drive from Alaska after climbing what was then known as Mt McKinley...

Or the number 2 because that was the number on a ping pong ball attached to my birthdate when the draft lottery finally got around to doing its thing.

Then there's that number 60 (hopefully to be followed by 61)... A number both depressing and liberating at the same time and not, to my great surprise, the dire wasteland I expected it to be.

Today it's 2000...

Sort of a WTF number if there ever was one and, to be honest, I can't imagine how I've managed to find myself sitting here writing the 2000th post on Boat Bits...

Beats 2 all to hell.

Listening to Three Dog Night (who knew a thing or two about numbers)

So it goes...